I came across this wonderful video which gives the scientific answer to this question. Which has more potential- A child’s brain or the internet? You can find out for yourself by watching “BRAIN POWER: From Neurons to Networks.” You will actually build more connections in your brain by watching the video, because you will be learning something new!
Interesting facts about the brain:
* A child is born with 100 billion neurons.
* The Internet has 100 trillion links.
* An adult’s brain has 300 trillion connections.
* A child’s brain has a quadrillion connections, which form during the first five years of a child’s life….that is 10 times the amount of the entire internet!
* A fruit fly has 100,000 active brain cells.
* A mouse has 5 million.
* A monkey has 10 billion.
* Adults have had 100 billion active brain cells, since birth!